Monday, December 14, 2009

JAMMed Packed weekend!


The weekend started early this week(*wink). 3 long days with so much activities planned.

Friday started from 1030 am with Meera, Princess and the Frog. Disney's classic type of movie, hand drawn animation. The movie brought back my childhood memories. Movies in this genre are not many nowadays with 3D animation and all sorts of latest technology used for eyes feast. But, most of time, the human touch; that special element that draws people to the movie is lost. Story of the prince turned into frog kissed by the princess was given a new and fresh twist with some great soundtrack. Drama,laughter and love(the basic of all Disneys' movies) packed into the 1 hour and 30 minutes movie. I would recommend the movie with two thumbs-up to anyone.

It was lunch hours. I met up with some old colleuge for some catch-ups. Had great time talking to them. Missed having such a carefree collueges to strike conversation on particularly anything. Meera was kind of shocked, I guess, seeing the other side of my character that so unlike the Piria at the office.  I was so craving for pizza and Meera for her pasta so lunch was Spaghetti Grill.

Being girls, its hardcoded in our genes to shop shop till we drop. The next four hours we walked in and out of most of our favourite shops trying in and out everything that caught our eyes attention. At least I did =P. I was so tempted to add another pair of heels to my ever growing collection but victoriously overcame the feeling with no help from Meera who had only poured petrol into my burning temptation. In the end of the shopping expidition, I couldn't quench my thirst for books, when my hand automatically picked a book at MPH and paid at the counter without my mind giving me a minute to debate the importance of the purchase. Meera settled with a movie she bought at Speedy Video for Friday Night Movie with her cousins.

Friday Night was also a movie night for me. I joined a bunch of funny and nice guys whom I only know 1 of them that I have met once before. Storm Warriors wasn't a very bad movie. The story and the effects was quite good but not as good as the first movie, Storm Riders. Bit too much of melodrama and animated for my liking. And according to Loges, after the movie I run of from them. Which I didn't!!!...I had to catch a cab and midvalley cabbies after 10 are creepy. And I was so tired, after 2 movies in a day;almost 6 hours of shopping, tea at the disgusting Garden's Al-Bukhary mamak shop invitation not so tempting!!

Saturday, was D-Day!!...ATV!vrooom....I was so excited I couldn't sleep. I was wide awake before the alarm went off at 6am which is rare. By 830, I was meeting up with Jusrup and waiting for Kasthuri at Subang KTM for the 9.00 train to Bukit Badak our pick up point.As usual, the KTM was late for 15 minutes making all 3 of us the main reason for being late. Finally, we were on the way to Ayer Keroh, with everyone missing the meeting point from Nilai to Senawangl. In the end everyone met up after the Ayer Keroh Toll. And I was asked to show the way. Of all the people!hehehe...somehow we found the ATV place. To my astonishment, it was the same place I crashed the go-kart almost 12 years ago!

After applying on the sun block (at least the girls=P) and some quickie photo session, all 14 of us strapped on or knee and elbow pad. We were given chance to test ride the ATV on the circuit. After two rounds, we started our trail in the jungle. I was the last rider with the marshal following me. Had some weird and funny chit chat with him throughout the trail. Not even 30 minutes in the trail, Saritha crashed her ATV between the trees. I was hoping I wouldn't do the same stunt. The trail was exciting and slopes were adrenalin pumping, they were so steep I was praying I wouldn't  flip over. But it was loads of fun especially when I don't really drive a car or ride a motor. It was cool to be able ride the ATV.

Being Piria, the day wouldn't end without me doing something embarrassing and stupid! Somewhere between trails, we were given 3 chances to do a stunt that requires one to accelerate on a slope while making a turn at the top of the slope. I had to crash my ATV into a bush when I lost control in making the turn. Shoot!1st was his go-kart, now his ATV!!.The only thing that crossed my mind at the time. I gave everyone a heart stopping moment before being pullout by the marshal. I emerged from the  bush laughing my head off. I bruised my thigh and few scratches on my arm. Slight bleeding. Now everyone of them will remember I'm the girl who rode the ATV in the bush. The incident  became the highlight of the day. All thanks to my luck!

It was almost 3 when we decided to have lunch. I brought them to the famous Coconut Shake but ended up having not only Coconut Shake but food that was so hot; steam were coming off our ears. All thanks to me!Nobody was willing to call it a day,so we drove to Ulu Bendul waterfall. Once there, we were met with a man made pool. Cheap Sunway Lagoon!! Reluctant to leave without taking a dip, we walked in further to the waterfall. We spent about 30 minutes in a shallow stream. Playing around and photo session.s Dinner was at a famous seafood restaurant in Seremban. Which was way better than the 'cili padi' lunch we had in Melaka=P.

Everything was fine and everyone was saying their goodbyes when Siva had to spot my beaded sandal! It looks like some leg chain they use in jails at least according to the guys. Well its fashion!!!=P. The day officially ended with Jusrup,Loges,Rajan and myself had a drink before they dropped us of at Jusrup place.

The weekend was really loaded with fun and excitement. The consequences of so much fun, I'm down with bad flu and cough.





0 comments:

Post a Comment