Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ignorance is bliss till curiosity gets the better of it...

The ability to be ignorant to everything unpleasant is a talent itself. By ignoring the part of life that brings unpleasant emotions and memories, one tend to look at life more optimisticly and live life  to love it without  complaining. I'm not talking about blind ignorance where you shut your eyes to the harsh realities in front of you or the vain ignorance that  brings more harm than good. But, the ignorance to emotions and experiences that you can live without if it brings happiness and peace of mind. And to be ignorant not an easy task itself. You are voluntarily choosing the path to turn your back to a chapter of memories and emotions. There is difference between forgetting and purposely ignoring something. One happens naturally and the latter happens only if you autotune your brain to achieve it. Just because you ignore it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or you care about it any lesser. You just happen to shield it away from you. To start ignoring is simple. Building the first barricades of ignorance is so easy that sometimes its annoying  to know something that meant so much can be set aside so effortlessly. The difficult part is to keep ignoring till it molds into your subconcious and naturally you forget about it. You can always easily turn your head the other side. But how long can you keep turning until curiosity catches up with you? The 'Just one glimpse...' notion nagging in your brain. Pull down the barricades and have look. That's when the blissfull ignorance you have been enjoying cracks. And you are forced to look at the unpleasants again. Even if its just a glimpse, all of sudden everything becomes real again. You find yourself starting from the scratch to ignore. Why am I writting about it? Last night I saw something that I chose to ignore. I should have kept on ignoring because I was  getting to the point of forgetting. Because of curiosity, I took a glimpse which brought back a flood of  ignored pain and anger. Mind you, it is the pain and anger of the knowledge I held rather than pain and anger toward the one who inflicted it. Neither am I, an ignorant fool nor a hypocrite who choose to be ignorant  only when it suits me. I ignore when I know its hopeless and worthless to dwelt on it. The emotions and the memories or in certain situations the person him/herself. If curiosity is my second nature. So is my laid back no nonsense attitude. Which is why ignorance comes easy for me. Till my curiosity gets the better of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment