Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Story of my Curly Wurly...

I cut my hair. I cut it so short that some say daringly too short. Lets just say I never have chopped off my curly wurly this short since I was 6. Why I did it?I don't exactly know why. But I had that feeling of uneasiness and was planning it the whole day. I even thought that I should have done it during lunch hours; a quick run to the saloon down my office(thank god I didnt!!!). I was mulling over my hair cut pratically the whole day. I even googled the best hairstyle for people with round, chubby face(which I assume I have) and curly hair (which I do have).

Getting off work, I was contemplating back and forth on the idea of having a hair cut hair(no suprise there because I actually did cut my hair).So I walked towards the Saloon. I was with two choices, Saloon A and Saloon C. Saloon A was not very satisfying, plus I didnt like my current hairstyle which I got from there. Saloon C, I avoided the first time because the receptionists had some weird hairstyle and colours which freaked me out. But, this time around, they had 3 receptionists with neat, stylishly & profesionally done hair.

So I stepped in and told them I needed a hair cut.
Lady Grey Eyes: A senior hair stylist will cost you RM70.* Shoots blank look*
Me : Ok.
Lady Grey Eyes: *Still shooting blank looks*
Me: Erm..70. ok? *politely looking at the other 2 stylishly made up dolls*
Lady Grey Eyes : Oh Ok..follow me
I followed her, pondering on the fact, do I look like someone that cannot afford a RM70 haircut.

So, I sat there for Ella, the senior hairstylist to come over. When she did, I told her what I want; some volume and layer and a right swept bang thats tuckable under my ears when I straighten it. I sounded like someone who actually knows what she wants which suprised me altogether that I stopped a moment and looked at her blankly. We had a bit of discussion before she went off chopping off another customer's tassel. Meanwhile, waiting for her, I had a very nice hairwash and scalp massage(I like!!).

Frankly speaking, my hair is very dull,shineless and in a sorry state of limp.  So, I'm quite self-consious when it comes to hairstylist touching and judging it. Ella come over, and decided on something she found in a magazine. Which I liked but I should have told her I wanted it with a way longer length.

So chop chop chop she did her work. She was suprised I never coloured my hair and liked my natural curly wurlys because they looked like something you can only get with saloon perms. 30 minutes later,  she was blow-drying my hair. I just went awesome!*twinkle in my eyes* (if only I had that hair everytime I got up in the morning) but gave me another hair wash so she can curl my hair up. (I mean WHY!!!)

She was finally done with my hair. My curly wurly is nicely placed. With extra self-conciousness, I went back home, thinking how can I skip the next day without venturing out.

Wondering on the  reaction on my new chic hairstyle.
This is was what I got(so far...) :
1) I hate it!
2) Its so short!
3) It's daringly short!
4) I'm not use to it!
5) You cut your hair?
5) Its ok.
6) I like it but u need to colour it!
7) Your christmas hair do.
8) Your Hair..

So hence, that's how this blog entry was born. the story of how I got chicky curly wurly cut that makes me look like a cute chipmunk (at least that's what I think) 
** I sincerely hope my parents will survive the heartattack that my new hairstyle might give them.

4 comments:

J said...

I've had a taste of that prejudice; the notion that we can't afford 'things'....

madey said...

hey piria..mane gmbar u? nak tgok...hehe

Tharsini Selvam said...

hehehehe..nanti u see me this weekend on wani's big day so u noe la kan hw short =P...between hw u goin???

madey said...

haha tunggu i update weekend nih

Post a Comment