Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gua Tempurung & Lata Kinjang...Road Trip...

Its never to late to blog on my trip during the past weekend even if its already halfway towards the next weekend!..=P..its going to be a short one since I'm blogging during office hours and I'm not suppose to do that. hehehe...well I have a poor records of following the rules so who cares=P

The day 23.1.2010 started at 500am, I dragged myself to the station, somehow managing to catch the first train to Kelana Jaya. We were well on the way in Yuva's car while I'm trying to sleep accompanied by Kasturi and Prema voices finding out they are actually related.(It happens so often with Kasthuri, it stopped being a shocker!). What's a road trip if we are not lost. Before the actual journey started we lost the our way to Sg. Buloh R&R; ending up the other side of the R&R from where the others were. Finally reaching the R&R, we had a brief get to know people session and quickie photo session with the girls. By this time, my ever 'dependant' stomach started to growl of protest for missing breakfast. Ignoring it(momentarily), we got into the cars to begin the journey to Gopeng, but then before even getting out of the R&R, my stomach won the protest. I asked for the buns they had in Siva's car. After doing some stunts, transfering the bun into Yuva's car and succesfully earning a middle finger from the back car, we resumed the journey.

We reached Gopeng tol on record time, thanks to all the F1 drivers=P. While waiting for the parties from north, my sandals got some unwanted attention. 2 words -> Ayirithil Oruvan! Eventually, we made it to Gua Tempurung. Everyone was showing off their headlight. One thing for sure, all of us looked like modern miners!. Photo session, resumed while Big Mama Loges settled the payment. We entered the Cave, with the first part of the cave was about formations of ladies leg, horse,monkey on a wheel, ice kacang, chicken drumstick,wings, pregant lady, osama b. laden etc and Rajesh taking photos of us.

The adventorous part started when we brought to the path were no lights were installed. It was pitch dark when the guide asked us to turn off the lights. We walked through streams running across the cave. Had to crawl at some parts. Rajesh hit her head and I was thinking whens my turn.Hehehe...I had Kasthuri as my saviour for the day. She successfully helped me to get out the cave without a scratch. We managed to reach the end of the cave and thats just the 1st half of the journey! To return, we took a different  route where most of the time we were on our knees and elbow in the water. It was cool and cold. There was a 9 meter wall that we had to slide down. It was scary since all the way down I imagining myself tumbling front! And hole we had to squeeze through. I managed though!=P

 Finally, we were out of Gua Tempurung around 2 something. Time for lunch!!! We pounced on a indian restaurant in Gopeng. All 30 of us. I think the owner managed to earn their 1 month profit in just one day. It started to rain heavily by the time we finished lunch. But we decided to carry on with the Lata Kinjang plan. It might not be raining in Bidor. Out of the original 30, only 11 were headed off to the waterfall. Big difference.

The waterfall was amazing. I never seen one so high.  We climbed till a bridge, took pictures on it before realising the its just time before the bridge gives way So dangerous yet there are still people using it. On the way down, yet again  my sandals got  some unwanted attention. Thanks to Sivalingam Swaminathan! The water was a bit muddy since it rained but really chilly.  We jumped in ignoring the cold chilly water. An hour fooling in the waterfall its time to go back!

After dinner at a chinese restaurant in Bidor and Brew coffee we headed home. Back to KL. How fast a day passes when one is having fun!




0 comments:

Post a Comment