Monday, April 12, 2010

An ABCD Saturday!

I always wondered, the SPA entrance exam for Government jobs are very difficult that's why there are so many people failing to get into the second phase and sometimes succeeding only after few tryings. But, given the chance to sit for the exam on Saturday, 10.4.2010, I seriously in-doubt on how the selection is done. It comes down to not just your knowledge,problem solving skills and writing essays but there are different aspects taken into account as well. Because, if truly it's just the exam, then everyone will be moving into second phase without much problem because the question are not even your basic form five standard. Its just that sometimes you have not enough time to finish the number of question given with the amount of time provided. I only thought the essay part was tad bit difficult, seriously it seems like eons ago I wrote a malay language essay. Half way writing, I realised my ideas are coming out in English and I'm having difficulty in translating them.UuhHoo!!Big trouble!And I'm asked to write 300 to 500 words. Arghh!Nightmare!Once your out of practise writing, its so difficult to get back into the flow of writting. Part II of the exam where you have to answer almost 430 objective questions in 40 minutes which almost broke my arm, filling up the OMR form...I was literally crying and cursing the person who came with the idea of the second part!And the questions are more physcology-based on your personality and your interest. So all day long I was going A..B..C..D..B..C..A..D..E.....

Basically, I was really reluctant to go for the exam. Half of the reason, I know I'm not going to get into the second phase even before I sat for it.(Come on be real!=P)..The other half, if somehow out of miracle, if I got through the screening process, I have a higher chance of actually getting the job and my Dad going to make sure I don't slack-off in the second phase(My parents have high regards on government job since both  are government servants).  Which then leads to a job I can't reject and will be wearing boring formal attires even worst uniform(custom and immigration departments do wear uniforms right?)every single day for the rest of my 30 years plus service. And that is all I need, to go screaming and bang my head to the wall!! I even thought of flunking on purpose to minimise the already minimal chances. But then, I said okay lets just give it a try.Its not like your going to get it anyway=P. At least I wouldn't feel guilty for not trying. And my Saturday wouldn't be a complete waste of time! And waste of my mum's effort on preparing my exam tools..hehehe..she bought my brother and me new pens,2B pencils,eraser and sharpener.Just like when we used to sit for public exams during our schooling time. It sure brought back some memories=P.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha..i felt tht way too:)..i went for d exam as well..was funny thou..it was just a waste of tyme..but wat to do..my parents frced me 2 go for it..the malay essay part ting.... so true..i jst cnt create wrds thr..i was stuck in middle and i goreng abis:)haha.i can see my result ryte now..!:) too bad..jst cnt help it:)

sri koppzz:)

Post a Comment