Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dinner in Holiday Villa & Skytrex in Shah Alam

I haven't been back to Melaka, now for 2 weeks straight. Not a record breaking feat but it's toilling on my dirty pile of laundry. Another week I can compete with the Mount Tahan in Pahang.(Everest means I drama too much). Enough of my laundry that I hope will be taken care by end of next week!Its high up in my To-do list now. Minus the alarming height in my room, last weekend has been an weekend to be joyed for and going green.

Saturday 8am, I should have been on my uncle's couch in Subang instead I was still on bed in PJ. Late!Rushing, I threw everything reachable into my bag (as usual I forgot my toothbrush!) and took the LRT to Kelana Jaya. Boarded the bus to Sunway Pyramid(Between I boarded the same bus twice since I missed Sunway stop and the bus took another route to Kelana Jaya.How me!) and a cab to Court 10, USJ, my uncle's place. I was supposed to attend Janet's wedding in Kajang before proceeding to her wedding bash in Subang's Holiday Villa. But, a small change of plan, I missed her wedding and I only got to attend the dinner in Holiday Villa. Boy, was it grand!The decoration was lovely, the crowd was beautiful and per table costs jaw dropping RM900. Almost RM40000 for food only!!How much was the ballroom? The decoration? The photographer? Making my head spin here! Anyway Janet looked so beautiful. I mean really a beautiful and shy bride. The only thing she uttered for her bride speech was "Thank you all for coming". Enough to bring the whole hall down with laughters. Her cute first dance with her husband. The funny stories their families shared. Everything was in place for an almost perfect dinner. And not forgetting the noisy bunch from NGA. Gosh I missed them! For the record I was the only indian not in saree while all the non-indians were!hehehe...Sexy tummy bearing Recco, Charis and Poh Yee, you guys rocked in sarees! The food was great espcially the ladoos. Once back home, I ended up gossiping till the wee hours of the morning with my aunt Thevaki-ma. Catching up old stories and new ones as well.

Morning. With heavy lids, my uncle drove me to Karen's house. Being the ultra punctual people, we ended up loitering in Roop's car waiting for others in Sunway Pyramid bus stop. Once the usual and non-usual suspects arrived we made our way to Taman Pertanian Shah Alam. Roops did her F1 stunts without actually knowing the way. We had to resolve to madly hand-gesturing her the way from back. Prema almost killed a motorist and would have created massive jam with a potential accident on her hand. And her only reply 'When?No I didnt?!'.One important note to everyone..If I am your GPS device, gosh you fell for the best marketing ploy ever in the century. Except for the great packaging, I'm a disgrace to the word D.I.R.E.C.T.I.O.N. So stop asking me the way even if I have been there like a 100 times!! There's a reason why I don't drive.Got it?

It was such a clear lovely Sunday for some activities on top the trees. We geared up, given safety briefing and a short tryout stint at 3 meter height. The wobbly horizontal ladder walk was scary! Miss Prema screamed her lung out doing the flying fox. At the 3 meters height?Then we were brought to the real deal. Only one could climb the scarily wobbly vertical ladder hanging at the height of 17m at a time. So the lot of us were camwhoring waiting for our turn. The only thing going through my head climbing the ladder was"Just get your butt on the platform!Not Planning to fall 10 m down on my butt!Move it!" Finally on the platform, we went through the obstacles. My personal favourite was Flying Fox!! The worst was the zig-zag ladder. Swinging bars(Hema got herself hurt here) ,netwalk, ropewalk was cool. I chickened out though in the middle. I had no strength left to do the Tarzan obstacle. Sorry dude!I rather fox fly myself to the next platform then see my imprint on the tree bark. The activity actually made my fear of height somehow lesser.


By the time all of us were done, the clouds got darker. Thank god we picked the morning slot.All of us enjoyed some cone ice-cream before heading off for late lunch in SS15 Subang when it rained. That marked the end yet another adventure. and beginning of another episode of body aches. I wonder if I'm up to do the Extreme package...22m vertical ladder hike..hmmm..

0 comments:

Post a Comment